Date: Monday, January 24th, 2011, 05:36
Category: News, Software
Video Lan Client, the nigh-indispensable open source media player for multiple audio and video formats (MPEG, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, Divx, ogg, etc.), was updated to version 1.1.6. The new version, a 40.6 megabyte download, adds the following fixes and changes:
- Security updates in codecs and demuxers.
- Support for RTP/PCM 24bits, audio/L24.
- Support for MPC SV7/SV8 on Windows and MacOS builds.
- Faster Webm/VP8 decoding.
- Support for Midi on MacOS.
- Major updates in most language translations.
- Support for projectM visualisation on Windows.
- KDE and PulseAudio integration improvements.
- Subtitles fixes and improvements.
- Improvements in visualisations and interfaces.
- Codecs updates.
- Many miscellaneous fixes.
VLC 1.1.6 requires Mac OS X 10.5 or later to install and run.
- Apple releases Java 2013-004 update for Mac OS X 10.7, 10.8 operating systems
- Google Chrome updated to 27.0.1453.116
- Apple releases Java for Mac OS X 10.6 Update 16
- iPhone case hints at thicker, rounder design for upcoming low-cost iPhone
- AT&T updates carrier settings, pushes Wireless Emergency Alerts