Date: Wednesday, March 23rd, 2011, 04:42
On Tuesday, WaterField Designs, a San Francisco manufacturer focused on custom laptop sleeves, bags and cases for digital gear, introduced its iPad Travel Express case. The case stows the iPad by itself or wearing the Apple Smart Cover, the Apple wireless keyboard and additional accessories.
The compact Travel Express offers the following features:
- iPad-specific, scratch-free pocket for the iPad, iPad 2 or iPad 2 with Apple Cover
- Apple Wireless Keyboard slides into main compartment
- Scratch-free inside pockets for cables, adapter, cell phone, keys, wallet, etc.
- Custom made with domestically produced, 1050 denier, ballistic nylon
- YKK zipper opens case along top and side panel for easy access to contents
- Two impact-resistant plastic inserts protect screen and accessories
- Bold stripe in choice of six earthy colors to match other WaterField Designs gear
- Use alone (under an arm or in a bag) or with optional D-rings & strap (as a stand-alone bag)
The iPad Travel Express retails for US$69 and arrives is a black ballistic color with either a black, copper, flame, green, pine or pearl-colored stripe. Optional add-ons D-rings are available for US$5, a simple shoulder strap is available for US$12 and a suspension shoulder strap is available for US$22.
The case measure 12 x 9 x 1.5 inches and weights 10.5 ounces.
- iPhone 5S component photos leaked, could indicate more colors to choose from
- Rumor: AU Optronics may not be part of next-gen iPad mini screen supply chain
- UPS for iPad app goes live, now available in App Store
- Apple releases MacBook Air Flash Storage Firmware Update 1.0 for mid-2012 MacBook Air notebook
- Apple releases iTunes 11.0.3 update