Date: Monday, April 11th, 2011, 03:09
Category: ipad, News
A number of early German iPad 2 buyers are reporting that shipping times for their orders, placed on the first day of European availability (March 25th) but immediately slapped with a 2-3 week delay, are now shipping and expected to arrive faster than the company had previously estimated.
Per i4u, the actual duration of shipping has been reduced from 11 days to five.
Customers who ordered online from the first hours of European availability are seeing orders filled in exactly two weeks, but were quoted as having to wait another week or two beyond that for the order to actually arrive.
The reduction in the filling of online orders as well as shipping delay would suggest that Apple’s European distributors have refreshed their stock, though it’s currently unknown how this will portend for other markets.
Stay tuned for additional details as they become available and if your iPad 2′s ship time has been dramatically reduced, please let us know.
- iPhone 5S component photos leaked, could indicate more colors to choose from
- Rumor: AU Optronics may not be part of next-gen iPad mini screen supply chain
- UPS for iPad app goes live, now available in App Store
- Apple releases MacBook Air Flash Storage Firmware Update 1.0 for mid-2012 MacBook Air notebook
- Apple releases iTunes 11.0.3 update