Date: Wednesday, April 13th, 2011, 03:29
Category: News, Software
Video Lan Client, the nigh-indispensable open source media player for multiple audio and video formats (MPEG, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, Divx, ogg, etc.), was updated to version 1.1.9. The new version, a 42.1 megabyte download, adds the following fixes and changes:
- Security update regarding a heap-based buffer overflow in mp4 demuxer.
- Update of libmodplug for security reasons in Windows and Mac versions.
- Major updates in most language translations.
- Numerous updates and fixes on the interface and look of VLC for Mac OS X.
- Growl on Mac OS X is now bundled.
- Many miscellaneous fixes.
VLC 1.1.9 requires Mac OS X 10.5 or later to install and run.
If you’ve tried the new version and have any feedback to offer, let us know in the comments.
- Apple releases Java 2013-004 update for Mac OS X 10.7, 10.8 operating systems
- Google Chrome updated to 27.0.1453.116
- Apple releases Java for Mac OS X 10.6 Update 16
- iPhone case hints at thicker, rounder design for upcoming low-cost iPhone
- AT&T updates carrier settings, pushes Wireless Emergency Alerts