Date: Monday, June 6th, 2011, 05:21
Category: News, Software
Video Lan Client, the nigh-indispensable open source media player for multiple audio and video formats (MPEG, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, Divx, ogg, etc.), was updated to version 1.1.10. The new version, a 43.9 megabyte download, adds the following fixes and changes:
- Security update regarding an integer overflow in xspf demuxer.
- Rewrite of the pulseaudio audio output module.
- Update of libmodplug for security reasons in Windows and Mac versions.
- Major updates in most language translations.
- Removal of the font-cache re-building on the freetype module on Windows.
- Numerous updates and fixes on the interface and look of VLC for Mac OS X.
- Many miscellaneous fixes in decoders, demuxers and subtitles.
- 3rd party libraries updates.
VLC 1.1.10 requires an Intel-based Mac running Mac OS X 10.5 or later to install and run.
If you’ve tried the new version and have any feedback to offer, let us know in the comments.
- Apple issues statement regarding customer privacy/transparency in wake of “Prism” scandal
- Rogers Wireless, Telus, to offer iPad, iPad mini sales, Wind to offer nano-SIMs for iPhone 5 handset
- Review: Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm
- European Union to remove roaming fees starting July 2014
- Microsoft releases long-awaited Office Mobile 365 for iOS