Date: Friday, June 17th, 2011, 04:54
Category: News, Software
Video Lan Client, the nigh-indispensable open source media player for multiple audio and video formats (MPEG, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, Divx, ogg, etc.), was updated to version 18.104.22.168. The new version, a 31.8 megabyte download, adds the following fixes and changes:
- Small fixes for the Mac OS X port such as disappearing repeat buttons and restored Freebox TV access.
- The installation size was reduced by up to 30 MB.
VLC 22.214.171.124 requires an Intel-based Mac running Mac OS X 10.5 or later to install and run.
If you’ve tried the new version and have any feedback to offer, let us know in the comments.
- Apple releases Java 2013-004 update for Mac OS X 10.7, 10.8 operating systems
- Google Chrome updated to 27.0.1453.116
- Apple releases Java for Mac OS X 10.6 Update 16
- iPhone case hints at thicker, rounder design for upcoming low-cost iPhone
- AT&T updates carrier settings, pushes Wireless Emergency Alerts