Date: Wednesday, July 13th, 2011, 02:59
Category: News, Software
Late Tuesday, Mozilla.org released version 5.0.1 of its Firefox web browser. The new version stands as an 27.8 megabyte download offered the following fixes and changes:
- Worked around an issue in Mac OS X 10.7 that could cause Firefox to crash.
- Worked around an issue caused by Apple’s “Java for Mac OS X 10.6 Update 5″ where the Java plugin would not be loaded.
Firefox 5.0.1 requires an Intel-based Mac and Mac OS X 10.5 or later to install and run.
If you’ve tried the new version and have any feedback, let us know.
- Delicious Library updated to 3.0.2
- Yahoo! changes Flickr policies, now offers 1TB of storage space for free
- Possible Broadcom 802.11ac Wi-Fi card spotted, currently supported in OS X 10.8.4 betas
- AT&T to offer FaceTime connections over cellular for all LTE-compatible iPhones by end of 2013
- HandBrake updated to 0.9.9