Date: Thursday, September 15th, 2011, 05:35
Category: News, Software
Updates: They tend to be useful.
Late Wednesday, Parallels released version 7.0.14922.693916 of its Parallels Desktop virtualization software. The new update, a 289 megabyte download, adds the following fixes and changes:
- New interface languages, including Czech, Portuguese, Chinese Simplified, and Chinese Traditional.
- Option to choose Mac OS X Snow Leopard-style full screen mode instead of native OS X Lion full screen mode.
- Better compatibility with FileVault.
- Improved compatibility with FaceTime HD camera and other USB devices for virtual machines with more than 2 GB of memory.
- Resolves a problem with Mac slow boot time.
Parallels Desktop 7 retails for US$79.99 and requires a 64-bit Intel-based processor, Mac OS X 10.5.8 or later, 2GB of RAM (4GB recommended to run Windows 7), at least 700 MB of space available on the boot volume for Parallels Desktop installation and 15 GB of available disk space for Windows.
If you’ve tried the new version and have any feedback to offer, let us know in the comments.
- Delicious Library updated to 3.0.2
- Yahoo! changes Flickr policies, now offers 1TB of storage space for free
- Possible Broadcom 802.11ac Wi-Fi card spotted, currently supported in OS X 10.8.4 betas
- AT&T to offer FaceTime connections over cellular for all LTE-compatible iPhones by end of 2013
- HandBrake updated to 0.9.9