Date: Wednesday, November 30th, 2011, 04:14
Category: News, Software
Late Tuesday, Apple released Safari 5.1.2, an update to its web browser. The new version, a 38.7 megabyte download, includes the following fixes and new features:
- Improve stability.
- Address issues that could cause hangs and excessive memory usage.
- Address issues that could cause webpages to flash white.
- Allow PDFs to be displayed within web content.
Safari 5.1.2 is available on Mac OS X via Software Update or via direct download from Apple and requires Mac OS X 10.6.8 or later to install and run.
- Best Buy to begin $50 discount off iPhone 5 beginning this Sunday
- Apple expands Maps application’s 3D flyover coverage, accuracy to parts of California
- Rumor: Fifth-gen iPad to receive rear-facing mic, thinner, lighter design
- Dropbox updated to 2.0.21
- Apple receives patents for push-to-talk, double-sided touch panel features