Date: Wednesday, November 30th, 2011, 08:42
Category: News, Software
Web content support:
- Enhanced location bar autocomplete
- A completely rewritten autocomplete now searches both bookmarks and history and matches against page titles as well as page URLs.
Changes to plug-in support:
- Camino now disables certain insecure or incompatible versions of common plug-ins.
- A new “Internet Plug-Ins” folder in the profile allows for Camino-only plug-ins.
- A new hidden preference allows disabling specific plug-ins.
- Camino no longer includes a Java plug-in; users who need to run Java applets should install Java Plug-In 2 or the Java Embedding Plugin, as appropriate for the version of Mac OS X in use.
- New “Work Offline” and “Go Online” items in the “Camino” menu allow Camino to enter offline mode and provide a more useful experience when no network connection is available.
- The status bar can now be hidden by choosing “Hide Status Bar” in “View” menu.
Camino requires Mac OS X 10.4 or later to run.
If you’ve tried the new version of Camino and have any kind of feedback about it, let us know.
- iPhone 5S component photos leaked, could indicate more colors to choose from
- Rumor: AU Optronics may not be part of next-gen iPad mini screen supply chain
- UPS for iPad app goes live, now available in App Store
- Apple releases MacBook Air Flash Storage Firmware Update 1.0 for mid-2012 MacBook Air notebook
- Apple releases iTunes 11.0.3 update