Date: Thursday, December 1st, 2011, 07:44
Category: Fun, Hack, Hardware
It’s unassailably cool, a perfect combination of cats, programmable Arduino circuitry, LEDs, Twitter and the shell from your old eMac. Per creator Samuel Cox, you too can develop an eSleeper, which turned a hollowed-out eMac into a bed for his feline. Inside the shell is an Arduino Ethernet connected to an IR sensor, some LEDs and a sound shield. When the cat breaks the infrared beam it triggers the iconic Mac chime and turns on a series color-shifting LEDs for a little mood lighting. From there the clock starts ticking.
When your gate decides it’s had enough napping and leaves the white plastic cocoon, tripping the IR sensor again, a random phrase is tweeted, along with the length of the cat’s siesta. Check out the video after the break to see the eSleeper in all its adorable DIY glory.
Check the link for full instructions as to how to build your own.
And you should, as it’ll give your cat one less reason to murder you for its own amusement.
- Apple releases Java for Mac OS X 10.6 Update 16
- iPhone case hints at thicker, rounder design for upcoming low-cost iPhone
- AT&T updates carrier settings, pushes Wireless Emergency Alerts
- Sprint adds 4G LTE access to 22 additional U.S. cities
- Adobe releases Creative Cloud apps into wild, offers discounts