Date: Wednesday, March 7th, 2012, 12:51
Category: iOS, ipad, iPhone, iPod, News, Software
You’ve been craving it for months and it’s finally here. Per The Unofficial Apple Weblog, Apple has released its iOS 5.1 update for qualifying iPhones, iPads and iPod touch devices.
The update, which can be located, snagged and installed via iTunes, adds the following fixes and changes:
- Japanese language support for Siri (availability may be limited during initial rollout)
- Photos can now be deleted from Photo Stream.
- Camera shortcut now always visible on Lock Screen for iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS and iPod touch (4th generation).
- Camera face detection now highlights all detected faces.
- Redesigned Camera app for iPad.
- Genius Mixes and Genius playlists for iTunes Match subscribers.
- Audio for TV shows and movies on iPad optimized to sound louder and clearer.
- Podcast controls for playback speed and a 30 second rewind for iPad.
- Updated AT&T network indicator.
- Addresses bugs affecting battery life.
- Fixes an issue that occasionally caused audio to drop for outgoing calls.
As always, if you’ve tried the new iOS and have any feedback to offer (positive or negative), please let us know in the comments.
- iPhone 5S component photos leaked, could indicate more colors to choose from
- Rumor: AU Optronics may not be part of next-gen iPad mini screen supply chain
- UPS for iPad app goes live, now available in App Store
- Apple releases MacBook Air Flash Storage Firmware Update 1.0 for mid-2012 MacBook Air notebook
- Apple releases iTunes 11.0.3 update