Date: Tuesday, March 13th, 2012, 07:15
Category: ipad, News
If you were waiting for the very first iPad 3 unboxing video, this is it.
Surprisingly, the video hails from Vietnam, where users got their hands on an LTE-capable model days ahead of Friday’s official launch.
The new video comes from Tinh.te (via Google Translate), which noted there are not many differences in the design of Apple’s new iPad from the iPad 2. It said the new iPad is still a “very solid machine like the iPad 2, but is somewhat heavier and thicker.”
The main difference was said to be the new 3.1-million pixel Retina display, which boasts a 2,048-by-1,536-pixel resolution. They noted that full-HD 1080p videos played back “smooth” on the new device, powered by an A5X chip with a quad-core graphics processor.
In the video, which is narrated in Vietnamese, it is shown that the new iPad is a 16-gigabyte model with 4G LTE cellular connectivity. The design of the box is similar to previous iPad packaging, with the iPad on top and the AC adapter, charging cable and instruction manual hidden underneath.
Take a gander and, as always, let us know what you think in the comments:
- iPhone 5S component photos leaked, could indicate more colors to choose from
- Rumor: AU Optronics may not be part of next-gen iPad mini screen supply chain
- UPS for iPad app goes live, now available in App Store
- Apple releases MacBook Air Flash Storage Firmware Update 1.0 for mid-2012 MacBook Air notebook
- Apple releases iTunes 11.0.3 update