Date: Wednesday, March 14th, 2012, 08:47
Ladies and gentlemen, there’s been some contention here among the PowerPage staff as to whether the battery improvements in Apple’s recently-released iOS 5.1 update genuinely work or if this is part of Steve Jobs’/Apple’s Reality Distortion Field.
Within this inter-staff contention, voices have been raised, furniture may have been lit ablaze and thrown, I’ve informed Jason he’s wrong (about this and the slightly flared, acid-wash jeans he continues to don on a daily basis) and Rob Parker and Tom Hesser have offered their own opinions while linking me to old Guns and Roses videos off YouTube to help settle the argument.
Still, we need your feedback: has the iOS 5.1 update helped your battery life or hindered it? That’s the question of the day and we need your feedback, opinions and whatever else is on your mind regarding the update.
We now return you to your regularly scheduled O’Grady’s PowerPage, already in progress.
- Delicious Library updated to 3.0.2
- Yahoo! changes Flickr policies, now offers 1TB of storage space for free
- Possible Broadcom 802.11ac Wi-Fi card spotted, currently supported in OS X 10.8.4 betas
- AT&T to offer FaceTime connections over cellular for all LTE-compatible iPhones by end of 2013
- HandBrake updated to 0.9.9