Date: Monday, March 19th, 2012, 07:16
Category: Apple TV, Hardware
It’s the teardowns of new products that make technology interesting.
The new Apple TV unit has gone through a full teardown courtesy of XBMC community member “aiciofs” to discover the following components:
- A custom-built A5 processor that, unlike the A5 CPU found in the iPhone 4S or iPad 2, features only a single processing core.
- 512 MB of upgraded RAM.
- The internal flash memory remains at 8 gigabytes.
- Second antenna (as opposed to the single antenna of the previous Apple TV unit). Its exact purpose is unknown, but it was suggested that the antenna could be to improve Wi-Fi connectivity and speed.
Stay tuned for additional details as they become available.
- Apple receives patents for push-to-talk, double-sided touch panel features
- Rumor: Apple to build Vimeo, Flickr integration into iOS 7
- Repair costs for iPhone repairs on the rise, component prices cited
- Google to incorporate voice search feature into iOS Chrome app
- Xbox One to feature improved iOS device, SmartGlass integration