Date: Tuesday, April 3rd, 2012, 08:13
Category: battery, Hack, Hardware, MacBook, MacBook Pro
This falls into the “If You’re Feeling Brave” category, but it could work nicely.
Per The Verge, MacBook Pro user Evan Rodgers took a CCTV battery, a third party MacBook car charger, and some soldering tools to create a do-it-yourself external MacBook battery.
Watch the video, see what you make of it and if you have the parts on hand, you can avoid a fairly costly trip to the Apple Store for a replacement MacBook Pro battery and add about two to three hours of on-the-fly usage:
- Delicious Library updated to 3.0.2
- Yahoo! changes Flickr policies, now offers 1TB of storage space for free
- Possible Broadcom 802.11ac Wi-Fi card spotted, currently supported in OS X 10.8.4 betas
- AT&T to offer FaceTime connections over cellular for all LTE-compatible iPhones by end of 2013
- HandBrake updated to 0.9.9