Date: Tuesday, April 10th, 2012, 11:18
Category: News, Software
On Wednesday, Adobe released version 10.1.3 of its Adobe Reader application. The update, which can also be snagged through the Adobe Update Utility, adds the following fixes and changes:
- New electronic signature types have been added, including typewritten and hand-drawn.
- It is now possible to send signed documents via EchoSign.
- AcroForms is now supported.
- Users can sign AcroForms that are not Reader Enabled without a Submit button.
- The document message bar and associated workflow dialog text have been updated.
- Export PDF Reader’s Export PDF service expands optical character recognition beyond English to include French, German, Italian, Japanese, and Spanish.
- 2951429: Ink Manager color swatches are broken, display in RGB, most spots missing.
- Printing workarounds for the issues below appear at http://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/pdf-wont-print- reader-10.html: ￼ ￼ ￼
- The printing preference to print on both sides of the paper is on by default.
Reader crashes when trying to print when Protected Mode is on.
- Acrobat X Professional crashes on close Preflight panel access: See http://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-x-professional-crashes-close.html.
- PDFs in a browser appear as a grey box and don’t display when sent via HTTPS/SSL: For a hot fix and workaround, go here: http://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/pdf-opens-grey-screen-browser.html.
- Some plugins that rely on HFTs may cause a hang or crash. For example, the LeanGreen plugin does not work. Acrobat 10.1.3 crashes when closing Acrobat after accessing Preflight panel.
Acrobat Reader 10.1.3 and Acrobat Pro requires an Intel-based processor and Mac OS X 10.5.8 or later to install and run.
If you’ve tried the new versions and noticed any differences, please let us know what you think.
- Apple issues statement regarding customer privacy/transparency in wake of “Prism” scandal
- Rogers Wireless, Telus, to offer iPad, iPad mini sales, Wind to offer nano-SIMs for iPhone 5 handset
- Review: Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm
- European Union to remove roaming fees starting July 2014
- Microsoft releases long-awaited Office Mobile 365 for iOS