Date: Tuesday, April 17th, 2012, 18:40
Category: Hardware, News
Sometimes it’s the job listings that prove the most telling.
Per AppleInsider, Apple is looking for a new hire to work closely with Apple’s computer system hardware team for DC-DC power designs integration.
The job listing also makes mention of optimizing power use with “white LED backlight drivers,” related to the LCD screens found on Apple’s iMac and MacBook lineups.
Apple would prefer to hire an employee with a PhD in power electronics. Candidates must have at least 8 years of experience in the field to be considered for the high-level position.
Stay tuned for additional details as they become available.
- Apple releases Java 2013-004 update for Mac OS X 10.7, 10.8 operating systems
- Google Chrome updated to 27.0.1453.116
- Apple releases Java for Mac OS X 10.6 Update 16
- iPhone case hints at thicker, rounder design for upcoming low-cost iPhone
- AT&T updates carrier settings, pushes Wireless Emergency Alerts