Date: Tuesday, April 17th, 2012, 19:15
Guys, it’s not often that we do this, so bear with us.
On February 24th, Washington, D.C.-area comedian, Geek Comedy Tour member and die-hard Mac nerd Joe Deeley suffered a moderate stroke while driving home from dinner with his family. In the following weeks, members of D.C.’s stand up comedy scene have been able to raise funds to help the Deeley family with thousands of dollars worth of medical expenses and Joe himself is progressing nicely through the rehabilitation process.
What I’d like to propose is the following: Joe has been a friend since I began doing stand up seven years ago, has always been there, and despite a slight penchant for narcolepsy on long road trips, has literally been the nicest human being one could hope to meet. Joe, like many of you, has also been a long-time Mac geek, having worked with every Mac he could get his hands on, enjoyed every minute of it and has long been someone I could go to with iMovie questions.
If you can, please take a gander at the following video and if you can donate a few shekels to help his family with the bills or help spread the word, it’d make an enormous difference.
- iPhone 5S component photos leaked, could indicate more colors to choose from
- Rumor: AU Optronics may not be part of next-gen iPad mini screen supply chain
- UPS for iPad app goes live, now available in App Store
- Apple releases MacBook Air Flash Storage Firmware Update 1.0 for mid-2012 MacBook Air notebook
- Apple releases iTunes 11.0.3 update