Date: Thursday, April 26th, 2012, 09:58
Category: News, Software
- Added support for Microsoft Outlook 2011 SP 2 (a.k.a. 14.2.x). If SpamSieve can detect that you were using Outlook 2011 before, and that SP 2 has been installed, SpamSieve will auto-update its scripts automatically. Otherwise, you can choose Install Outlook Scripts from the SpamSieve menu. Either way, the SpamSieve rules in Outlook will continue to work without modification.
- SpamSieve now tries to detect whether its Apple Mail plug-in is damaged and auto-heal the installed copy if necessary.
- If there’s an error updating SpamSieve’s Apple Mail plug-in, it now reports more information to try to diagnose the problem.
- If the Apple Mail plug-in detects that it’s damaged, it will alert the user to download and install a fresh copy.
- SpamSieve now checksums the Outlook script files (both the installed and built-in copies) to detect whether they are damaged.
- Made a change to eliminate a particular cause of false positives for some users.
- SpamSieve no longer triggers Mac OS X’s “accept incoming network connections” firewall dialog.
- Added some exception guards to work around bugs in the Growl SDK.
- When an unexpected error occurs and no stack trace is available, SpamSieve will now try to report the approximate location.
- Improved the What information should I include when I report a problem? section of the manual.
SpamSieve is available for a US$30 registration fee and requires Mac OS X 10.4 or later to run. The new version can either be downloaded directly from the web site or brought up to the current version via the program’s built-in update feature.
If you’ve tried the new version and have any feedback to offer, let us know in the comments.
- iPhone 5S component photos leaked, could indicate more colors to choose from
- Rumor: AU Optronics may not be part of next-gen iPad mini screen supply chain
- UPS for iPad app goes live, now available in App Store
- Apple releases MacBook Air Flash Storage Firmware Update 1.0 for mid-2012 MacBook Air notebook
- Apple releases iTunes 11.0.3 update