Date: Tuesday, May 8th, 2012, 12:14
Category: News, Software
On Tuesday, Microsoft released its Microsoft Office 2011 14.2.2 update. The update, a 110 megabyte download, adds the following fixes and features:
- This update includes fixes for vulnerabilities that an attacker can use to overwrite the contents of your computer’s memory with malicious code.
Microsoft Office 2011 14.2.2 requires an Intel-based Mac running Mac OS X 10.5.8 or later to install and run and for the Service Pack 1 updater to have been previously installed.
The company also released version 12.3.3 of its Microsoft Office 2008 suite for Mac. The update, a 217.9 megabyte download, offers the following fixes and features:
- The update includes fixes for vulnerabilities that an attacker can use to overwrite the contents of your computer’s memory with malicious code.
Microsoft Office 2008 12.3.3 requires Mac OS X 10.4.9 or later to install and run.
If you’ve tried the update and have anything to report back, let us know.
- Apple releases Java 2013-004 update for Mac OS X 10.7, 10.8 operating systems
- Google Chrome updated to 27.0.1453.116
- Apple releases Java for Mac OS X 10.6 Update 16
- iPhone case hints at thicker, rounder design for upcoming low-cost iPhone
- AT&T updates carrier settings, pushes Wireless Emergency Alerts