Date: Wednesday, August 1st, 2012, 14:13
Category: News, Software
Sometimes the store just closes.
Per MacRumors, Apple finally brought an end the grace period that had allowed users to retrieve their Gallery photos and iDisk files from the iWork.com web site and to transition their accounts to iCloud following the June 30 shutdown of the service.
As of today, visitors to MobileMe.com are no longer given the option to convert their accounts to iCloud or to retrieve old photos and files, with Apple now simply pointing users to iCloud.
Also in line with previous announcements, Apple has officially discontinued its iWork.com service, automatically redirecting visitors to the main Apple home page. While the service was to officially shut down as of the end of the day yesterday, it did continue to function until just a short time ago.
- Possible Broadcom 802.11ac Wi-Fi card spotted, currently supported in OS X 10.8.4 betas
- AT&T to offer FaceTime connections over cellular for all LTE-compatible iPhones by end of 2013
- HandBrake updated to 0.9.9
- Rumor: Apple, suppliers testing 1.5-inch displays for upcoming “iWatch”
- 13-inch MacBook Air inventory beginning to come up short, new models expected around WWDC