Posted by: Chris Barylick
Date: Monday, August 13th, 2012, 06:19
Category: News, Software
Adium, the open source instant message chat client with support for multiple programs (including AOL Instant Messenger, ICQ, Jabber, MSN, Yahoo! Google Talk, Bonjour, etc.) has been updated to version 1.5.3.
The new version, a 23.7 megabyte download adds the following fixes and changes:
- Fixed another problem with the transcript viewer causing search to fail when closing and reopening the window. (#13586, #15699)
- Fixed a problem with iTunes 10.6.3 on Mac OS X 10.6.8 causing the chat window’s toolbar to break. (#16046)
- Fixed crash at startup that was meant to be fixed in 1.5.2. (#15787)
- Fixed a crash when receiving invalid XML on 10.8. (#16095)
- Fixed an issue that caused logging in to Facebook to fail when login approvals are enabled. (#15705)
- Icons set for group chat bookmarks will now show up on the tab bar in the chat window. (Andreas Marienborg) (#14484)
- Fixed tables not being declared as such via VoiceOver. (Marco Zehe) (#16085)
- Fixed a problem with emoticons scaling disproportionately in the yMous message style when using OS X 10.8.
- Improved memory use slightly.
Adium 1.5.3 is available for free and requires Mac OS X 10.6.8 or later and an Intel-based Mac to run.
If you’ve tried the new version and have any comments, let us know.