Date: Wednesday, October 24th, 2012, 07:41
Category: News, Software
On Thursday, version 126.96.36.19946 of the Skype VoIP application was released. The new version, a 34.5 megabyte download, offers the following fixes and changes:
- Microsoft and Facebook Account Integration: Sign up and sign-in is easier than ever. You can now sign into Skype using your Microsoft or Facebook account – there’s no need to create a new Skype account. This makes it even easier to connect with friends on Skype without having to set up another account.
- IM friends on Messenger: Now you can instant message your Windows Live Messenger, Hotmail and Outlook.com contacts via Skype all in one place. If you use a Microsoft account today, merging your accounts is easy – just sign in to Skype with your Microsoft account.
- Calling with Messenger friends is coming soon: We’re working on polishing a feature which will enable audio and video calls to Windows Live Messenger customers using Skype desktop clients. The feature will be available in coming weeks.
- Open Chats in Multiple Windows: We hear your feedback! With this release we’ve added support to open chats in multiple windows.
- Retina Display Support: We also added another feature you’ve asked for – support Retina display. Now you can take full advantage of improved usability and of higher resolutions.
Skype 188.8.131.5246 is available for free and requires an Intel-based Mac running Mac OS X 10.5.8 or later to install and run.
If you’ve tried the new version and have any feedback to offer, please let us know in the comments.
- Apple issues statement regarding customer privacy/transparency in wake of “Prism” scandal
- Rogers Wireless, Telus, to offer iPad, iPad mini sales, Wind to offer nano-SIMs for iPhone 5 handset
- Review: Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm
- European Union to remove roaming fees starting July 2014
- Microsoft releases long-awaited Office Mobile 365 for iOS