Date: Monday, October 29th, 2012, 06:53
Category: News, Software
You love Parallels.
And you’re curious about Windows 8.
Just use some caution before putting that chocolate/peanut butter combination together…
Per the Apple Core, virtualization top dog Parallels has issued a warning advising users to exercise caution before upgrading existing virtual machines to Windows 8. The company has stated that the virtual machine could be damaged, thereby resulting in data loss.
The company has stated that it’s presently testing the Windows 8 upgrade and also points out that a new virtual machine should work just fine.
The only caveat is to use the very latest build of Parallels Desktop 8 to create this new virtual machine.
If you’ve tried the Windows 8 upgrade with your Parallels virtual machine, please let us know how it went in the comments section.
- Apple releases Java 2013-004 update for Mac OS X 10.7, 10.8 operating systems
- Google Chrome updated to 27.0.1453.116
- Apple releases Java for Mac OS X 10.6 Update 16
- iPhone case hints at thicker, rounder design for upcoming low-cost iPhone
- AT&T updates carrier settings, pushes Wireless Emergency Alerts