Date: Wednesday, November 14th, 2012, 08:16
Category: ipad, iPad mini, News
Your LTE-capable, fourth-gen iPad or iPad mini could show up as early as Friday. Per Mac|Life, emails went out Tuesday afternoon, alerting buyers of both tablets the devices are shipping this week.
The LTE iPad mini email alerts started arriving from Apple this morning. Later the same day, word began spreading of fourth-fen LTE iPad shipping confirmations for the same week. The ship dates on both the LTE iPad mini and fourth-gen LTE iPad were scheduled later than the WiFi-only models.
All models of iPad mini and iPad with Retina Display sold out quickly after the announcement last month. All makes of iPad mini are currently showing a 2-week waiting period for shipment on Apple’s site. While the Wifi-only iPad with Retina Display is currently in stock, the LTE models have a one-week delay.
But if you were quick on the trigger for those early preorders, you just might have your device by this Friday.
If you’ve gotten word as to the final shipping date for your LTE-equipped fourth-gen iPad or iPad mini, please let us know in the comments.
- Apple receives patents for push-to-talk, double-sided touch panel features
- Rumor: Apple to build Vimeo, Flickr integration into iOS 7
- Repair costs for iPhone repairs on the rise, component prices cited
- Google to incorporate voice search feature into iOS Chrome app
- Xbox One to feature improved iOS device, SmartGlass integration