Apple releases Mac mini EFI Firmware Update 1.7, works to address HDMI flicker issue on late-2012 Mac mini
Date: Tuesday, December 11th, 2012, 07:20
Category: Mac mini, News, Software
You can’t knock a good firmware update.
Late Monday, Apple released Mac mini EFI Firmware Update 1.7, the company’s firmware updater for the late-2012 Mac mini desktop. The update, a 4.8 megabyte download, addresses HDMI video flicker issues on Mac mini (Late 2012) computers and is recommended for all users.
The EFI Firmware Update 1.7 requires a late-2012 Mac mini running OS X 10.8.2 or later to install and run and can be directly downloaded or located and installed via the Software Update feature.
If you’ve tried the updater and have any feedback to offer, please let us know in the comments.
- Apple releases Java 2013-004 update for Mac OS X 10.7, 10.8 operating systems
- Google Chrome updated to 27.0.1453.116
- Apple releases Java for Mac OS X 10.6 Update 16
- iPhone case hints at thicker, rounder design for upcoming low-cost iPhone
- AT&T updates carrier settings, pushes Wireless Emergency Alerts