Date: Thursday, January 17th, 2013, 08:32
Category: News, Software
The betas, they just keep on comin’
Per AppleInsider, a seventh beta of OS X 10.8.3, Apple’s forthcoming maintenance and security update for the Mountain Lion operating system, was supplied to developers on Wednesday.
Sources familiar with the latest pre-release software said it is identified as build “12D54.” Any changes that may have been made to the software from its previous release are unknown.
Its release comes just over a week after Apple provided the last beta of Mountain Lion. That test software contained only minor changes from the previous build.
In earlier builds, developers have been asked to focus their testing on AirPlay, AirPort, Game Center, Graphics Drivers, and Safari.
Apple’s latest betas have touted a new “OS X Software Update Seed Configuration Utility” that retrieves new seeds through Software Update. When new builds are provided, Apple sends out notifications to install the update via the Mac App Store.
If you’ve gotten your hands on the new beta and have any feedback to offer, please let us know in the comments.
- Apple receives patents for push-to-talk, double-sided touch panel features
- Rumor: Apple to build Vimeo, Flickr integration into iOS 7
- Repair costs for iPhone repairs on the rise, component prices cited
- Google to incorporate voice search feature into iOS Chrome app
- Xbox One to feature improved iOS device, SmartGlass integration