Date: Friday, February 8th, 2013, 08:42
Category: News, Software, wireless
You can’t knock a decent networking update.
On Friday, Apple released its AirPort Base Station and Time Capsule 7.6.3 firmware updates. The updates, which are available for all 802.11n AirPort Express, 802.11n AirPort Extreme and Time Capsule models, include the following fixes and changes:
- Extend the Guest Wi-Fi network for a network configured with multiple AirPort Base Stations.
- Ability to add a WPS capable Wi-Fi printer.
- Support for additional countries.
It is recommended that AirPort Utility 5.6 or later be installed before updating to Firmware version 7.6.3.
The updates can be located and installed via AirPort Utility’s update feature and require an Intel-based Mac running Mac OS X 10.7.2 or later to install and run.
If you’ve tried the new firmware and have any feedback to offer, please let us know in the comments.
- Apple releases Java 2013-004 update for Mac OS X 10.7, 10.8 operating systems
- Google Chrome updated to 27.0.1453.116
- Apple releases Java for Mac OS X 10.6 Update 16
- iPhone case hints at thicker, rounder design for upcoming low-cost iPhone
- AT&T updates carrier settings, pushes Wireless Emergency Alerts