Date: Tuesday, August 13th, 2013, 10:44
Category: News, Software
You can’t knock an appreciable update.
– Drag and Drop.
– System Tray Icons in the Mac Menu Bar.
– Shaped windows and transparency.
– Better mouse handling for many games.
– Support for command-tab switching in full-screen mode.
– Better integration with the OS X Dock, and features such as Expose and Spaces.
– Better international keyboard support.
– Improved clipboard (cut and paste) support.
– Support for mice with more than three buttons.
– Fixes for many window ordering problems.
– Force-feedback joysticks are supported.
– Improved input method support for non-Latin characters.
– Microsoft Outlook will now maintain its connection when the computer sleeps or the network configuration changes.
– Improved auto-discovery for Exchange account setup.
– Outlook will no longer crash if the Exchange server is unavailable.
– Fixed a crash when editing contacts.
– Right-click to format will now work.
– Improved NTLM authentication – you can now change your password if you have ‘smbpasswd’ installed.
– Improved sharepoint list display in profile.
– Characters can now be inserted from the character palette.
– Fixed printing of calendar items.
– Attachment preview will now work.
– Outlook Today can now be customized.
– Phone numbers now accept a ‘+’ character for international notation.
– Fixed a crash when copying a worksheet.
– Improved macro support.
– Fixed a problem opening read-only files.
– Fixed garbage when opening xlsx documents.
– Fixed display of help topics in Quicken 2012.
– Fixed a bug in the ‘Change Assumptions’ function of Quicken 2013.
Internet Explorer 7:
– More web sites will now work.
– Fixed a bug which sometimes caused failure during installation.
– Fixed a crash in the print dialog.
World of Tanks:
– Fixed a crash connecting to the server on certain Macs.
– Fixed a crash when zooming in on targets.
– Fixed problems in which drop-down menus could not be dismissed.
– Microsoft Office 2010 Simplified Chinese Edition will now install.
– Fixed a bug which caused Microsoft Office 2007 to fail to install on some machines.
– Fixed an installation conflict between .Net 4.0 and DirectX 9.
– Fixed an installation problem with Microsoft Money 2001.
– Fixed an issue where Microsoft Visio 2010 would not open .vxd files.
– Fixed installation problems with .Net 3.5.
– Fixed graphical glitches in Wizard101.
– Fixed problems with the patcher in Pirate101.
– Fixed a crash on login in Starcraft II.
– Fixed crashes on install of Rift’s Storm Legion expansion.
– Fixed Rift graphics bugs on Nvidia hardware.
– Fixed various errors in ChemSketch 12.
– Fixed a crash in Baseball Mogul 2013 and 2014.
– CrossOver 12.5.0 is based on the new stable Wine 1.6 release. This includes innumerable fixes for various Windows applications.
– CrossOver can be configured for compatibility with Windows 7.
CrossOver 12.5 retails for US$59.95 and requires Mac OS X 10.6 and or later and an Intel-based Mac to install and run.
If you’ve tried the new version and have any feedback to offer, please let us know in the comments.