Posted by: Tom Hesser
Date: Thursday, April 3rd, 2014, 15:04
Category: App Store, Apple, Mac, Mavericks, Mountain Lion, OS X, security, Software
Earlier this week, Apple released an update to Safari bringing it up to version 7.0.3 for Mavericks and Safari 6.1.3 for Mountain Lion and Lion users. The updates are available through the OS X App Store application. You will need to quit Safari, if it is open, in order to complete the update. The following is the list of changes in the update:
- Fixes an issue that could cause the search address field to load a webpage or send a search term before the return key is pressed
- Improves credit card auto fill compatibility with websites
- Fixes an issue that could block receipt of push notifications from websites
- Adds a preference to turn off push notification prompts from websites
- Adds support for webpages with generic top-level domains
- Strengthens Safari sandboxing
- Fixes security issues, including several identified in recent security competitions
Interesting to note is Apple’s nod to non-Apple sources for the security fixes, although the specify sources are not named.
Posted by: Tom Hesser
Date: Thursday, April 3rd, 2014, 14:05
Category: Announcement, App Store, Apps, iOS, iPhone, Software, Wearables
Sometime yesterday, Pebble’s updated iOS app to fix the problems introduced by the 2.1 update, appeared on the App Store. Version 2.1.1, in our experience, has resolved the problems, in particular the inability to launch the iOS app. I simply installed the new version over the old and everything started up fine. There was a method posted on some sites for removing 2.1 and reinstalling the old version, but I do not know the results of trying this. Pebble’s response was little more than a confirmation that the updated app had been submitted and then the fact that the 2.1.1 version was showing up in the App Store. The following in the list of changes introduced by the 2.1/2.1.1 update:
Pebble iOS App (v.2.1.1) Release notes:
- Share apps with friends via email, Twitter, Facebook, and text message.
- New apps added to the appstore.
- Fixed issues with version 2.1 (released 31-Mar-2014)
- Bug fixes.
New features, if upgrading from v1.x app versions:
- Pebble watchapp directory: browse, find and install the latest watchapps for Pebble.
- List of prior notifications are now stored on your Pebble.
- Watchapp locker: keep track of your favorite apps and manage the apps on your Pebble.
- Completely revamped and improved user interface design.
Let us know in the comments if you are still having any trouble.