Date: Monday, October 14th, 2013, 05:51
Category: News, Software
Adium, the open source instant message chat client with support for multiple programs (including AOL Instant Messenger, ICQ, Jabber, MSN, Yahoo!, Google Talk, Bonjour, etc.) has been updated to version 1.5.8.
The new version, a 24.5 megabyte download adds the following fixes and changes:
- Changed the default tab switching shortcuts for new users to Control-Tab/Control-Shift-Tab, to match Safari. This was meant to be done for 1.5.4 but it did not work that time.
- XMPP: refer to XMPP as “XMPP (Jabber)”. Unfortunately, just “XMPP” still has some potential for confusion.
- Fixed SIP account names to be case-sensitive.
- Enabled a large number of TLS cipher suites, including ECC suites and suites new in TLS 1.2.
- Fixed a problem causing Sametime login to fail.
- Try to avoid Twitter’s rate limiting causing Adium to go in a reconnection loop.
- Don’t try to download images included in HTML when pasting in the text field.
Adium 1.5.8 is available for free and requires Mac OS X 10.6.8 or later and an Intel-based Mac to run.
If you’ve tried the new version and have any comments, let us know.