Date: Thursday, September 29th, 2011, 10:44
Category: News, Software
On Thursday, software giant released version 3.5 of its Lightroom (available on the company’s update page) photo editing utility. The Lightroom 3.5 update added the following fixes and changes:
- Using the arrow keys to modify image adjustment settings lacked responsiveness.
- A Publish Collection targeting a hard drive on Windows would not behave properly if the designated folder was deleted from hard drive.
- After editing the capture time in Lightroom, “Date Time Digitized” was incorrectly changed (Only “Date Time Original” should be modified).
- On Windows computers, Lightroom would interpret the wrong time zone.
- Changing Lightroom’s date created field to a date prior to 1933 resulted in unexpected values.
- Lightroom 3.2 introduced preview cache inefficiencies.
- GPS Altitude metadata was incorrectly excluded from files converted to DNG or exported as DNG files from Lightroom 3.4.1.
- For non-English language operating systems, folder names in the import dialog may not
have been translating properly.
- When exporting images with the “Write Keywords as Lightroom Hierarchy” enabled,
keywords with “Include on Export” deselected would still have been included on export • Saving metadata to a JPEG file in Lightroom 3.4 could have caused Lightroom to quit
- A Publish Collection in Lightroom 3.4 set to publish original files would fail to include XMP files for proprietary raw formats.
- RECONYX images did not open properly in Lightroom 3.4.
- When applying automatic lens profile correction, Lightroom 3.4 did not automatically
recognize the following lens: “Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 24mm f/1.4G ED”.
- Using the plus or minus key to increment Develop Module parameters did not work
properly on the Mac.
- The Limit File Size export option was incorrectly including EXIF metadata on export when the Minimize Embedded Metadata option was selected.
- On Mac OS X 10.7, the Lightroom import dialog did not properly display network volumes.
- On Windows computers, using Shift + Scroll wheel to adjust the Adjustment Brush feather size, the expected result of the scroll wheel movement was reversed.
- Lightroom would not provide the correct error message when attempting to delete photos published to Facebook.
- Lightroom would experience tether capture failures on computers utilizing OS X 10.6.8 and 10.7.
- Develop load time performance was inconsistent.
Adobe Lightroom 3.5 retails for US$299 and requires Mac OS X 10.5 or later to install and run.