Date: Wednesday, October 20th, 2010, 04:35
Category: Hardware, MacBook Air, News, Software
With only hours to go before the company’s “Back to the Mac” event, updates to Apple’s official online forums reveal at least some of the products due to be unveiled at today’s “Back to the Mac” event, including iLife ’11 and a new MacBook Air.
Per AppleInsider, new sections on the Apple Discussions page added Wednesday include iMovie ’11, iPhoto ’11, and GarageBand ’11, all part of the iLife software suite. There is also a forum titled “MBA (Need official name)” which will likely be the discussion home for the newly redesigned MacBook Air.
Finally, a mystery space on the forums points to but does not reveal what product it represents. It simply carries the title “Reserved 10 20.”
Last week, the following details were located and confirmed regarding an updated MacBook Air notebook:
– A smaller 11.6″ display.
– 2.13GHz Intel Core 2 Duo (with a 2.33GHz option possible).
– 2GB of memory in the base configuration.
– No optical drive.
– Mini DisplayPort, USB, and SD card reader on the left side; USB and power on the right.
– The trackpad has been updated to match that of the new MacBook Pros.
– Although smaller due to the 11.6″ display, it’s still about the same thickness as the current MacBook Air.
– A black power key now sits immediately to the right of a smaller eject key on the MBA’s keyboard — the round aluminum power button is gone. A design decision that might support the MBA’s rumored instant-on capabilities though our source didn’t see this functionality exhibited (possibly because it was running OS X 10.6.4).
We’ll know the full details in a few hours, so stay tuned and we’ll bring you everything we can get our mitts on.