Date: Friday, April 2nd, 2010, 03:40
Category: iPad, Software
The day before the official U.S. launch of the iPad, Apple’s long awaited iBooks app is now available in the App Store. Per MacRumors, the app offers both a book reader, an online bookstore to purchase new books and the following:
- Complimentary copy of Winnie-the-Pooh by A. A. Milne.
- Read a free sample of any book on the iBookstore.
- Change font size, pick from five different included type faces.
- Highlight your favorite passages with the built-in bookmarking feature.
- Accessibility features such as speaking words on a given page.
iBooks requires iPhone OS 3.2 or later and an iPad to install and run.