Date: Wednesday, July 8th, 2015, 07:39
Category: Finance, News
Apple Pay was just picked up by another 23 U.S. banks and credit unions.
Here we go:
– American Chartered Bank
– Bank-Fund Staff Federal Credit Union
– Bellco Credit Union
– EFCU Financial
– First Federal
– First National Bank
– Health Care Systems Federal Credit Union
– Keesler Federal Credit Union
– Kemba Credit Union
– Members 1st Federal Credit Union
– NorthStart Credit Union
– Parsons Federal Credit Union
– Pinnacle Bank
– Randolph Brooks Federal Credit Union
– Service Credit Union
– SRP Federal Credit Union
– SUMA (Yonkers) FCU
– Tampa Bay Federal Credit Union
– Tennessee Valley Federal Credit Union
– Tri County Area Federal Credit Union
– Trona Valley Federal Credit Union
– United Teletech Financial
– Winthrop Area FCU
The expansion comes ahead of the international expansion for Apple Pay with a UK launch planned for later this month. Apple previously confirmed the UK would be the first country outside of the US to get Apple Pay and it was reported that Apple is preparing for a July 14th launch date within the country.
The service is expected to go live with all major banks and card issuers in the UK with the exception of Barclays. Supported banks will include first direct, HSBC, NatWest, Nationwide Building Society, Royal Bank of Scotland, Santander and Ulster Bank followed by Bank of Scotland, Coutts, Halifax, Lloyds Bank, MBNA, M&S Bank and TSB Bank later in the fall.
Stay tuned for additional details as they become available.