Date: Wednesday, December 7th, 2011, 06:56
Category: iOS, News, Software
Apple on Wednesday issued an update to its iBooks iOS app, adding a night-time reading theme, full-screen layout, new fonts and an improved annotation palette.
iBooks 1.5 for iPhone and iPad arrived in the App Store early Wednesday. The free 20.7MB download requires iOS 4.2 or later.
The update adds the following fixes and changes:
– Nighttime reading theme makes reading books in the dark easier on the eyes.
– Full-screen layout lets you focus on the words without distraction.
– iBooks now features an improved selection of fonts, including Athelas, Charter, Iowa, and Seravek.
– Beautiful new classic covers for public domain books.
– A redesigned annotation palette makes it easier to choose a color for your highlighted text.
iBooks 1.5 requires an iPhone, iPod touch or iPad running iOS 4.2 or later to install and run.
If you’ve played with the new version and have any feedback, let us know.