Date: Wednesday, October 24th, 2012, 06:12
Category: iOS, News, Software
Following the muchos-nifty-announcements at yesterday’s media event, Apple released iBooks 3.0, the new version of its e-reader for iOS.
The new version, a 40.8 megabyte download, adds the following fixes and changes:
– See all your iBookstore purchases in iCloud—right on your bookshelf with iOS 6.
– Scroll vertically through your books with the flick of a finger using the new Scroll theme.
– Receive free updates to purchased books—including new chapters, corrections, and other improvements.
– Look up definitions for words in German, Spanish, French, Japanese and Simplified Chinese with iOS 6.
– Share quotes or thoughts about your favorite book with friends on Facebook, Twitter, Messages, or Mail.
iBooks 3.0 is available for free and requires iOS 5.0 or later to install and run.
If you’ve tried the new version of iBooks and have any feedback to offer, please let us know in the comments.