Date: Wednesday, September 16th, 2015, 12:53
Category: iOS, iPad, iPad Air, iPad mini, iPhone, iPod Touch, News, Software
You’ve been waiting for iOS 9.
And it’s here.
Apple released its iOS 9 operating system update today. The update, a 1 gigabyte download available over the air or through iTunes, adds the following fixes and changes:
– New multitasking features on iPad make you even more productive.
– Siri can do more than ever, and new proactive suggestions help you get things done before you ask.
– Improvements at the foundation of the operating system enhance performance, battery life, and security.
– Improvements included in Notes, Mail, and Maps, which has gained Transit directions.
– Apple Pay has been renamed to Wallet, and for the first time, iOS 9 brings split-screen multitasking features to the iPad.
iOS 9 requires an iPhone 4s or later, iPad 2 or later, iPad mini or later or 5th-gen iPod Touch or later to install and run.
If you’ve tried the new iOS and have any feedback to offer, please let us know in the comments.