Date: Thursday, September 2nd, 2010, 04:48
Category: News, Software
Following yesterday’s announcement, Apple released iTunes 10, the latest version of its digital jukebox/digital hub software. The new version, an 82.3 megabyte download, sports the following fixes and new features:
– Introducing Ping. Use Ping to follow your favorite artists and friends or connect with the world’s most passionate music fans. Discover the music everyone is talking about, listening to, and downloading.
– Rent HD TV episodes for just 99¢ each. Watch them on your Mac or PC, on-the-go with iPhone or iPod touch, or in your living room with the all new Apple TV.
– Play your favorites on the all new iPod touch, iPod nano, iPod shuffle, and Apple TV.
– Play music wirelessly with AirPlay on AirPlay-enabled speakers, home theater receivers, and iPod accessories.
– Explore many look-and-feel improvements throughout iTunes.
– Enjoy performance improvements which make iTunes faster and more responsive.
– Additional voice support with VoiceOver Kit for iPod.
iTunes 10 requires Mac OS X 10.5 or later to install and run and can be located, downloaded and installed via Mac OS X’s Software Update feature.
If you’ve tried the new version and noticed any major changes, please let us know.