Date: Friday, September 11th, 2009, 04:23
Late Thursday, Apple released its first maintenance update to its Mac OS X 10.6 (“Snow Leopard”) operating system. Mac OS X 10.6.1, a 71.5 megabyte download, offers the following fixes and changes:
– Compatibility with some Sierra Wireless 3G modems.
– An issue that might cause DVD playback to stop unexpectedly.
– Some printer compatibility drivers not appearing properly in the add printer browser.
– An issue that might make it difficult to remove an item from the Dock.
– Instances where automatic account setup in Mail might not work.
– An issue where pressing cmd-opt-t in Mail brings up the special characters menu instead of moving a message. – Motion 4 becoming unresponsive.
The update requires Mac OS X 10.6 to install and run and can also be snagged via Mac OS X’s Software Update feature.