Apple releases Mac OS X 10.6.8 Supplemental Update, offers final fixes for Snow Leopard operating systems
Date: Tuesday, July 26th, 2011, 04:19
Category: News, Software
Apple on Monday issued a recommended “Supplemental Update” for all Macs running Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.8 that delivers a handful of final fixes for the previous-generation operating system.
- Transferring personal data, settings, and compatible applications from a Mac running Mac OS X Snow Leopard to a new Mac running Mac OS X Lion.
- Certain network printers that pause print jobs immediately and fail to complete.
- System audio that stops working when using HDMI or optical audio out.
A similar 10.23 megabyte download was released for Snow Leopard Server.
For those Macs that haven’t yet moved to Snow Leopard version 10.6.8, Apple re-released its distributions of that point release with the supplemental fixes baked in:
- Mac OS X 10.6.8 Update v.1.1 (453MB)
- Mac OS X 10.6.8 Update Combo v1.1 (1.09GB)
- Mac OS X Server v10.6.8 Update v1.1 (518MB)
Monday’s releases would appear to be the final updates Apple has planned for the Snow Leopard operating system, with the company having released Mac OS X Lion last Wednesday.
If you’ve tried the updates and noticed any changes, please let us know.