Date: Friday, December 17th, 2010, 05:22
Category: News, Software, wireless
Late Friday, Apple released its Time Capsule and AirPort Base Station Firmware 7.5.2. The update provides bug fixes for all 802.11n AirPort Extreme Base Stations, AirPort Express Base Stations, and Time Capsules. Some of the fixes include the following:
– General fixes to Wi-Fi base station stability.
– Fixes some issues with AirPlay streaming.
– General fixes with USB interoperability including connection to external storage devices.
– Fixes some issues with NAT port mapping settings.
– Disables TKIP security with 802.11n rates per the Wi-Fi Alliance specifications.
The update can be found, downloaded and installed via the software update feature in the AirPort Utility program (Applications–>Utilities), takes about a minute to install and requires Mac OS X 10.4 or later to install and run.
If you’ve tried the new firmware and noticed any changes, please let us know.