Date: Wednesday, November 30th, 2011, 08:42
Category: News, Software
Web content support:
– Enhanced location bar autocomplete
– A completely rewritten autocomplete now searches both bookmarks and history and matches against page titles as well as page URLs.
Changes to plug-in support:
– Camino now disables certain insecure or incompatible versions of common plug-ins.
– A new “Internet Plug-Ins” folder in the profile allows for Camino-only plug-ins.
– A new hidden preference allows disabling specific plug-ins.
– Camino no longer includes a Java plug-in; users who need to run Java applets should install Java Plug-In 2 or the Java Embedding Plugin, as appropriate for the version of Mac OS X in use.
– New “Work Offline” and “Go Online” items in the “Camino” menu allow Camino to enter offline mode and provide a more useful experience when no network connection is available.
– The status bar can now be hidden by choosing “Hide Status Bar” in “View” menu.
Camino requires Mac OS X 10.4 or later to run.
If you’ve tried the new version of Camino and have any kind of feedback about it, let us know.