Date: Wednesday, June 30th, 2010, 04:51
Category: News, Software
Late Tuesday, Carbon Copy Cloner, the shareware favorite for drive cloning operations by Mike Bombich, reached version 3.3.3. The new version, a 3.7 megabyte download, adds the following changes:
- Fixed a “divide by zero” error that would cause backup tasks involving very few files to fail at the end.
- Fixed a bug that would cause CCC and the scheduled task helper application to crash when certain filesystems were mounted.
- CCC now enables ownership on the target volume regardless of the ownership setting on the source volume. Previously, clones made of Macs in Target Disk Mode would have incorrect ownership information on system files if the target volume did not have ownership enabled.
- Fixed an issue in which a scheduled task would fail to run properly if the user logged out and then logged back in.
- Fixed an issue in which a scheduled task would log many errors if the user logged out while the scheduled task was in the middle of a backup.
- Fixed an issue in which CCC would not run a “Backup everything” scheduled task that used the “Delete items from the target that do not exist on the source” option.
- Fixed an issue in which a scheduled task that was configured to back up to a disk image would not run if it was set to run “When the target volume is reconnected”. These tasks now run properly when the underlying volume is reconnected to your Macintosh, whether it is a local volume or a mounted sharepoint.
- Fixed an issue in which CCC would report minor errors if a directory disappeared from the source volume in the middle of a backup task.
- Fixed an issue in which preferences from a very old version of CCC would cause errors while trying to select a source volume.
- Fixed a memory leak related to files with Access Control Entries.
- CCC no longer creates the target folder on a remote Macintosh. This enforces the behavior of aborting the backup task if the backup volume is not available, or is not mounted at the expected mountpoint on the remote Macintosh.
- The CCC.log file is now properly created when CCC is run under a non-admin user account.
Minor interface enhancements, specifically around the presentation and content of the “bootability” checks.
- Minor bug fixes around the creation of encrypted disk images.
- If you checked the box to display the scheduled task “task finished” panel only when errors occur, this panel will no longer re-present itself after the scheduled task is reloaded on startup. The setting will only be reset when changes are made to the scheduled task’s configuration in the Scheduled Tasks window.
- CCC now saves only modified scheduled tasks when clicking the Save button in the Scheduled Tasks window.
- Updated the list of items that CCC automatically ignores from a backup set. See the documentation for complete details about this list.
- Fixed an issue in which Intel systems would be permitted to run portions of CCC using Rosetta, leading to reduced performance and potentially crashing behavior.
Carbon Copy Cloner 3.3.3 retails for a US$10 shareware registration fee. The application requires Mac OS X 10.4 or later to run.