Date: Wednesday, October 14th, 2009, 05:37
On Tuesday, shareware developer Maintain released version 4.5.2 of Cocktail (Snow Leopard Edition), Cocktail, the popular shareware utility program that allows for additional Mac OS X system tests.
The new version, a 2.0 megabyte download, adds the following fixes and changes:
– Fixed a bug causing high CPU usage on 32-bit Macs.
– Improvements on the clear font caches procedure.
– Improvements on the clear dynamic link editor’s shared caches procedure.
– Addresses compatibility issues with QuickTime X.
– Addresses compatibility with the latest versions of Camino, Firefox, Flock, OmniWeb, Opera and Shiira web browsers.
– Addresses an issue in which Cocktail may report problems with diskutil.
– Fixed a bug in which some items in /private/tmp folder were not deleted during clearing of the temporary files.
– Addresses an issue in which check of the S.M.A.R.T. status may fail.
– Addresses an issue in which two Help menus are displayed.
– Fixed miscellaneous issues with the Sparkle software update framework.
– Fixed other minor bugs discovered in the previous version.
Cocktail 4.5.2 retails for a US$14.95 shareware registration fee and requires Mac OS X 10.5 or later to run.