Date: Monday, November 23rd, 2009, 05:47
Late Friday, shareware developer Maintain released version 4.5 of Cocktail (Leopard Edition), Cocktail, the popular shareware utility program that allows for additional Mac OS X system tests.
The new version, a 1.9 megabyte download, adds the following fixes and changes:
– Added ability to clear data detectors caches.
– Added ability to clear QuickLook caches.
– Improvements on the clear dynamic link editor’s shared caches procedure.
– Improvements on the clear potentially harmful files procedure.
– Addresses an issue in which Cocktail may unexpectedly quit while clearing system caches.
– Addresses an issue in which Cocktail may report problems with diskutil.
– Addresses an issue in which check of the S.M.A.R.T. status may fail.
– Fixed a bug in which some items in /private/tmp folder were not deleted during clearing of the temporary files.
– Other minor bug fixes and improvements.
– Updated Automator actions.
Cocktail 4.5 retails for a US$14.95 shareware registration fee and requires Mac OS X 10.5 or later to run.