Date: Thursday, March 31st, 2011, 10:30
Late Wednesday, shareware developer Maintain released version 4.9 of Cocktail (Snow Leopard Edition), Cocktail, the popular shareware utility program that allows for additional Mac OS X system tests. The new version, a 2 megabyte download, adds the following fixes and features:
– Added ability to purge inactive memory and optimize virtual memory usage.
– Added ability to disable virtual memory swapping.
– Improvements on the clear system caches procedure.
– Added ability to prevent Help Viewer window from floating on top of other applications.
– Updated Automator actions.
– Updated Help files.
Cocktail 4.9 retails for a US$14.95 shareware registration fee and requires Mac OS X 10.6 or later to install and run.