Date: Monday, July 8th, 2013, 07:38
Category: News, Software
On Monday, shareware developer Maintain released version 6.5 of CocktailCocktail (Mountain Lion Edition), the popular shareware utility program that allows for additional Mac OS X system tests. The new version, a 5.5 megabyte download, adds the following fixes and features:
- Added ability to hide the Spotlight menu bar icon (System – Spotlight).
- Added ability to rebuild Mail’s Envelope index database (System – Databases).
- Added ability to clear Mail downloads (Files – Caches).
- Added ability to enable Simple Finder (Interface – Finder).
- Added ability to disable send and reply animations in Mail (Interface – Mail).
- Added OS X 10.8.5 compatibility.
- User interface improvements.
- Updated Automator actions.
- Updated Help files.
Cocktail 6.5 retails for a US$19.00 shareware registration fee and requires an Intel-based Mac running Mac OS X 10.8 or later to install and run.
If you’ve tried the new version and have any feedback to offer, please let us know in the comments.