Date: Monday, March 4th, 2013, 07:47
Category: News, Software
You can’t knock a decent update.
CrossOver, the popular virtualization program from CodeWeavers, has been updated to version 12.1.2. The new version, a 76 megabyte download, is available as a demo, offers the following fixes and changes:
- Fixed a bug which caused Steam to get stuck in a loop while trying to update.
- Fixed a bug which caused performance to suffer badly in Skyrim, and possibly some other games, on certain Linux systems.
- Fixed a bug which caused Outlook 2010 to fail to open .xlsx, .pptx, and .docx attachments.
- Fixed a bug which caused Quicken to fail to connect to Chase Bank online.
Office 2007 and 2010 will now display help topics!
Mac OS X:
- We have improvements to windowing in the Mac Driver.
- We are hopeful that changes in this version of CrossOver will mean that gaming performance will improve when Apple releases its upcoming OS X 10.8.3.
CrossOver 12.1.2 retails for US$59.95 and requires Mac OS X 10.6 and or later and an Intel-based Mac to install and run.
If you’ve tried the new version and have any feedback to offer, please let us know in the comments.